Monday, April 5, 2010

Automating SharePoint 2010 Configuration

Found a great blog post from Gary Lapointe on automating some of the SharePoint 2010 configuration. Gave his script a whirl.

First pass I mistyped the farm account password and I got a halfway installed Farm. I ended up blowing it away to start again clean.

Second pass it installed everything with no error messages. Then I logged into the newly created Central Administration site and found the following:



I clicked the link and was taken to the SharePoint Health Analyzer Reports screen, which shows a problem with the SPTimerService.



Clicking to see the details showed this:



So that's pretty interesting, since the script from Gary had this line in it:
Install-SPFeature -AllExistingFeatures

I'll have to give it another run and also compare the script to what is in AutoSPInstaller, the so-called "Franken-script" over on CodePlex.

No comments:

Post a Comment