Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Managed Metadata Service fails to work and missing AppPool

Took my first pass at installing the Managed Metadata Service. It of course failed, with a very common error of "The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator."



First thing I checked was that the service was running by going to Services on Server. It was not, so I started it, which gave no errors. Checked again and still got the error. I decided the Application Pool could be the problem since I selected to create a new one to use during installation of the Managed Metadata Service. Unfortunely, the Application Pool is not in IIS 7. I have no idea why, as if I try to provision another service it shows my Application Pool in the drop down list of available ones.

At this point the only thing I'm sure of is that I missed installing the WCF patch, KB976462. Going to reload from a snapshot and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment