Thursday, April 15, 2010

SP 2010 - Empty Logs Versus Least Permissions Install

Earlier this week I was having problems with my SharePoint logs being empty. At the time, the only fix I could discover was giving my AppPool identity Administrator rights on the machine. Obviously the reason the account lacked such permissions was because I had given it no rights when I created it - the same way I would have when I install MOSS 2007.

Well giving Administrator rights to your AppPool identities in SharePoint 2010 is also a bad thing, as shown by the new Health Monitoring:


However, at this time, I can't seem to find what permission set is needed for ULS to be accessible by my AppPool account. Right now my choices are to upset Health Monitoring or to have logs. Having both is apparently a luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment